ASVAB

once you take the asvab are you in the military? Can you still back out of it after the asvab?>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• as long as you didn't sign the contract you are good...why back out?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The ASVAB is a placement test. You are not in the military till you swear in. You have to pass more then the ASVAB to do that.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The ASVAB is just a test of knowledge. You HAVE to pass to be considered. There are many more steps to complete, this is just one of the first ones. You are not officially in the military until you are sworn in.
    JanMarie225

Answer by JanMarie225 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You are not obligated to do anything after taking the ASVAB. And even after you swear in at MEPS (the first time) you can still back out, even though they don't tell you that. You can back out until the day you are to graduate from bootcamp and get sworn in again (thats the one that counts). After that swear in you are stuck for the length of your contract, anything up until that point you can quit even if you signed papers. I know. I did it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• CarolybBarnett is correct. Due to some complications I had to back out in between MEPS and before my basic started. I wish I would have rejoined after I had straightened things out but I never did.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I took my first ASVAB in high school, then another when I wanted to join; you have to contract and swear in. I even went to MEPS and had to go back home because I was over my weight. After I lost the weight, I got back to swear in.
    Anonymous