Donating Eggs?

My best friend is having trouble conceiving her woman hood is a bit screwy any who I was thinking about donating my eggs to her b/c her doctor is putting her on drugs to help but if it doesn't in 8 months then thats it the doc said they've already been trying for 2 years. Does anyone know about the process?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im not a 100% sure about this but i believe you have to go through a health screening and then they give you daily injections to make your eggs mature and then they go in and remove the ones that are mature but im not positive.
    thats a nice thing you are willing to do god bless you.
    Anonymous

• mmm...I did a little research on it because I was gonna sell some of my eggs :)

What I got from it so far is that you have to pass a health check, have to consult with a psychologist, can not be over a certain weight, you have to take fertility drugs for X amount of months, can not have sex within that time without using condoms, can not have sex within the 2 week period prior to donating your eggs, they insert a long thin needle and take your eggs.

Although I wouldn't quote me on that. Thats just what I remember from my research.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Oh yeah I forgot about the injections of fertility drugs the whole time to maximize how many eggs they take from you.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i was gonna sell my eggs too but they are mighty picky some of the reasons why i didnt qualify is because my mom was adopted and i didnt know any info about her nor did she, i wore glasses and had hard hearing...they look pretty deep into your family and personal info.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't know much about the donating eggs process but I've heard from a friend that it is a pretty in depth process... The friend I heard this from can't carry children full term (her body rejects the fetus) and we have actually discussed me being a sarrogate mother. Have you thought about that? There is still a process you and her would have to go through but if you were to do that you might even be able to carry her egg and his sperm (thus their flesh and blood)... Just thought I'd throw that out there. Either way it's a very noble thing for you to do for your friend. Sounds like your the type of woman every friend dreams of having. Best of luck to you and your friend.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 8:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• nope, but I am so happy to read you want to help your friend. Best wishes.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 8:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009