How many preggos follow these...

The major types of things to avoid while pregnant include alcohol, smoking, drugs and medications, most vaccines, chemicals such as pesticides, certain foods that might contain mercury, bacteria or harmful substances, and activities that might cause falls, injuries, overexertion or extreme changes in temperature, such as hot tub use. Pregnant women should also avoid pets that can carry disease, such as rodents, hamsters and guinea pigs, as well as cat litter. Women should also try to limit stress, and avoid all kinds of abuse or unsafe sexual activity, especially while pregnant. Pregnant women should also avoid lying on their backs for more than a few minutes after the fourth month, since this can compress major blood vessels.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Although some types of things to avoid during pregnancy are obvious, others require more careful avoidance. Women who don't smoke may still be exposed to second-hand smoke, and those who would never consider using illegal drugs may think nothing of taking aspirin or ibuprofen for a headache. Pregnant women can get exposed to mercury through eating fish or taking fish oil supplements that are not certified mercury free, as well as through some dental fillings and broken thermometers or light bulbs. Hot dogs, lunchmeat, undercooked meat, fish, or eggs as well as soft cheeses and unpasteurized products can all contain harmful bacteria, as can fruit or vegetables that are inadequately washed.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i followed what was reccommended to me by my doctor. it wasnt that hard. and you can have hot dogs and all that stuff. as long as its all cooked correctly. and you can have some fish just not a lot of fish. you can take tylenol for head aches. i tried to avoid second hand smoke as much as possible.

its really not too difficulty.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• the only thing i am guilty of doing is hiking 10 miles up a mountain when i was almost 6 months along. but i talked it over with my doc first, and he knew my physical ability and gave me the okay as long as i promised to rest whenever I felt even the slightest bit tired. which i did. and i was fine.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I follow all of it without a problem
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009