Too much weight gain?

I am 27 weeks along and I have gained 29 pounds already. My doctor didn't say anything about gaining this much but now I'm afraid to gain much more. Am I ok gaining this much.

tk0186642

Asked by tk0186642 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• So long as you are eating healthy don't worry about your weight gain. Some women (like myself) can't help but gain weight...and a lot of mine was water weight but I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy. My doctor had a fit, but really I ate super healthy and not a lot. But I was super swollen at the end, so most of it was water weight.

But again, pregnancy is not a time to watch your weight. It is a time to eat healthy and enjoy the changes your body is going through.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• That was me with my first two pregnancies! My first came early and I gained 40 all together and my second was full term and I gained 45. My doctors would tell me all the time to slow down but it seemed like I did naturally more at the end (around 32 weeks or so) This time around they are telling me to eat more, which I am eating ton! But I am 20 weeks and have only gained 3 lbs! I can't win. I am either too big for the doctors or now, too small. I would say be thankful that they aren't giving you a hard time. Everyone is different, every pregnancy is different and that includes weight gain. I would say that you are perfectly fine!
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am 24weeks and have gained 20lbs and my doctor said between 25-30lbs is good for the whole pregnancy but I know with my last one I only gained about 9lbs now.
    Anonymous