Is better to wait to know the sex of the baby untll birth? let me know!

I am expecting my seconded child and didn't wait to know the sex of my son. But I guess I am wondering is it finacially safe towait or should I just find out before to be more perpared on such tight budget?

2NDMOMMYTOBE

Asked by 2NDMOMMYTOBE at 8:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I found out with both of mine cause I couldn't stand the wait! LOL but if you want to wait just by everything neutral and keep the recipts. If you have one or the other you could take some stuff back and get it in the colors pertaining to that gender
    Havahsmommy

Answer by Havahsmommy at 8:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• We waited for the surprise of our first son. With #2, we found out as our budget was tighter. Go for it!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my 2nd was a surprise, he wouldnt cooperate during the ultrasound. It was unforgettable to find out after he was born, very awesome, but I am a very impatient person too, so I found out with my last 2 kids still. I do think ecnomically it is easier to find out, but if you can stand the wait you wont regret it either, it is very cool, and my dh loved that he got to be the first to look and announce it to everyone.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i don't see how your budget would matter. there are plenty of things that are neutral and still really nice. if you want to have it as a surprise, wait. i didn't want to wait, so i found out.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• What you can do is just keep receipts for everything, and if you have a baby shower, explain that you do not know the sex of the baby and if they purchase gender specific things to please include a gift receipt so you can exchange it for a different color.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Also instead of buying nuteral, we got gift cards everytime we had some extra money instead. That way we didnt have to return everything and still had money put back to get the stuff. We did get one outfit for a girl and one for a boy to wear home from the hospital but didnt take the tags off yet.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I didn't find out with either of mine, I like it that way. When and if i have anymore, I will not find out with them either.... I think it is really just personal preference
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 8:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I vote find out now. It will be a surprise now or a surprise later on, in both cases it is a surprise. I couldn't see waiting if the information was available.

Answer by Bmat at 8:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I never waited. Mostly because I'm waaaay to impatient and also after the first I was so desperate for a boy I just HAD to know. Of course I got all girls. LOL

If you seriously have the patience to wait I would say do it. That just seems like the most magical surprise you could ever get.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree with Bmat. That is totally how I see it. Either way it is a surprise. So if you want to know now so you and others know what gender to buy then do it. There were some good ideas on here (like buying gift cards) and honestly, I don't think it would really save money one way or the other. I always find out just because I am too impatient. But remember, once in a while, the ultrasound might be wrong. I had a friend told at three different ultrasounds that it was a girl and it came out a boy! Talk about surprise!
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009