VP of Fox News, we are the voice of opposition

So if they are supposed to be fair and balanced,
Why are they admitting they are the voice of opposition to President Obama?

Is that fair and balanced? Does that take them out of the "news" game?

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/23/fox-vp-opposition/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• umm, I went to that link and the better story is about Michelle Bachman...she is NUTS!!!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I watch all the news channels and I think Fox News is about the only one that doesn't tread on ice and egg shells about the President. If by any chance people actually listen to Obama and not the flattery from the news, they may see the real man. News is just to keep the people informed. They also have their opinions like the rest of us. It is up to us to distinquish between the two and decide what we like or believe. For example. Pres. Obama is on tv right now and said they will go line by line and do away with all the nonsense spending. When is this going to happen? The Obama administration has already spent a trillion dollars. Now when Fox reports this it will get all turned around by people yet it came right out of Obama's mouth.
    Anonymous

• They've been out of the news game for quite awhile now. For them it's more a propaganda thing.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 8:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• go through what? his budget that Pelosi will try to ram through congress next week on ONE VOTE? Line by line, huh? Just like the stimulus and no pork in the Omnibus. He is probably wondering how many times he can spoon feed us that line of crap before we start to think he is lying. After all, we have 'very short attention spans' and such.
    Anonymous

• ANON, according to the VP of FOX, their main focus is to OPPOSE him. That's NOT fair or balanced. You can twist everything that is said 27 different ways, but in the end thats ALL opinion...when do we just get the news, no left or right? They are claiming to be FAIR, then saying but we want to take him down.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I absolutely love fox news, I hate CNN, MSNBC to me they seem more unbalanced. Now I will admit the commentators on Fox are more to the right but thats a commentator, but the actual news that is on all day long seems more fair and balanced than any of other major new networks that are on. I will even say on the commentators they always have someone on there panel who do not line up with there way of thinking and it makes it more interesting, more of a debate not just all one sided.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 8:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I will still take FOX over a newscaster that get a 'thrill up his leg' over the mere mention of Obama. That seems a little Elvis-ish to me. Chris Matthews, Olberman and Maddow act like little school girls when they talk of him. I am embarrassed for them.

Anonymous

• I hate CNN, MSNBC to me they seem more unbalanced. Now I will admit the commentators on Fox are more to the right but thats a commentator, but the actual news that is on all day long seems more fair and balanced than any of other major new networks that are on. I will even say on the commentators they always have someone on there panel who do not line up with there way of thinking and it makes it more interesting, more of a debate not just all one sided.

I feel like they all do that. Pat Buchanon STAYs on Racheal Maddow (not sure of sp) and morning Joe is a republican and his co-host is a democrat..and they have people from both sides ...

I love Olberman, but yea he is a  total leftie. I know watching his show Im getting HIS opinion NOT the straight news

I watch CNN some

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sorry, I got cut off....But they can't claim fair and balanced and announce they have an agenda....
    and CNN i watch sometimes but they are old and boring! LOL
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I do enjoy a little Bill O from time to time but in general Fox leans to the right so I'm not surprised he VP said that.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009