My Fiance..

is going to the army. Hes leaving inabout 3months, and going for six months. After the six months he comes back for 30 days and than goes back for 2 years.

Is this going to break something up? Is it really really dangerous?
I know its for the better, but is it really?

Please help! I'm soo scared and depressed..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Yes, the Army is probably dangerous but this is the job he signed up for. This is going to be a tough time for both of you. Stay strong. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• umm....what could it break up? theres danger, depending on some certain thing. it is for the better... my husband left while i was pregnant with our first daughter, but he came home on leave we got married and im with him. if you get married before he goes or when he comes back after boot camp you can always go with him...
    Anonymous

• I know guys who decided they couldn't do it after word and had a friend do something to them to get out of going
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 8:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• the army isnt really dangerous. i mean unless he went to war...but i dont think the army life is dangerous.....i posted the first anon answer
    Anonymous

• yes its dangerous. will it last...only time will tell. I do know since I've been in the military that the divorce rate is high and adultery is rampant. I'm being honest although alot of women on here are in denial about those facts. If they only knew what those guys do when they are on deployment. I'm not saying all are like that but a great majority. I knew 3 guys in a division of 90(around 50 were men) that stayed faithful. If you have a strong relationship and you really love him than wait it out and see. Its not for everybody though. time apart and people change...the military changes people. JMO
    Anonymous

• I dated a guy in Iraq for awhile.. It was dangerous for him because he was infantry (fought the front lines) Also it depends on where he is getting stationed. It can be very dangerous but remember that this is what they are trained to do and they are trained well. He will not be alone but have a group of brothers (sometimes sisters) out there protecting him and each other. Everything worked out for us because we talked at least every other day.. either phone or email, but not everyone has that luxury. It is not easy by any means but as long as you try your hardest and so does he everything should work out. If you want to talk message me, I know how hard it can be.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Wow, this is in response to a post. What a POS that would sign up, then get a friend to get them out of it??!!
    Huh, I didn't know they could sign up for just 2 years. Why would it break you up? The Army is just another job, except it's stable. If he actually goes, and stays in, and you get married, it's not an easy life. Not everyone is cut out for the army. But you can't help who you love. I'm an army brat, I always knew I'd marry a soldier. It's not always easy, we face things that not everyone does. But if he's the faithful type, why would you worry?
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Actually, not just the infantry is dangerous. My hubby's brother is aviation. He was a crew chief. He flew in Blackhawks, and they would go into MUCH more dangerous areas. He wasn't infantry, but he came closer to death then most infantrymen. Scouts, SF, truck drivers...there are many MOS's that are dangerous.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2009