not to sure!

So I have been leaking all day but I think it urine for it smells like pee! Can u be leaking ur bag of water and have it be urine to? I mean I have an apt tomorrow and I am not having contractions. Wouldn't I be having contractions if my bags of water are leaking?

josalin

Asked by josalin at 8:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it smells like pee then I am sure that is what it is.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• no you wouldnt necessarily start having contractions. If it is a consistant leak then I would maybe go in just to have it tested. But if it is just when you have to go pee then dont worry about it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• hmmm I don't know, I was guessing your water broke, but it shouldn't smell like pee. If your water did break usually doctors will give you 24 hours before you go into labor, some will give 48 hours.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If it smells like pee it probably is... the bigger the baby gets the more likely you are to have urine leakage.. even after birth! I remember being in my third trimester, I had to wear pantyliners because it seemed that every movement I made I would get t least a few drops of leakage
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• also, if thats what it is you should probably do kegels, actually everyone should do kegels, especial whjile your pregnant and postpartum. If youre not sure how, ask your doctor.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Not sure about it being the bags of water or pee but I know that you don't always have contractions when your bag of water leaks or breaks my sisters water broke and an hour or so later she started having contractions and it might just be pee or some of the mucus still
    Momma2be012408

Answer by Momma2be012408 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009