help me and no offense.

okay my kids are mixed and they have recently started talkin and acting like freakin gangstas i swear to god that is not how they were raised and it wont go on im my home what can i do? and no i am far from racist

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's a phase they go through my oldest got into the habit of wearing his pants down his butt and calling me yo ,I took away all his video games and everything stopped real quick .
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• lol jodi-your kids are mixed I SURE HOPE YOU ARENT RACIST!! LOL sorry that just sounded funny. :D could it be a phase?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• lay down the law. you are the mom. don't let them get away with things you don't approve.
    Anonymous

• Are they picking it up someplace? TV, daycare, friends, adults?

Just explain to them the proper way to speak and work on it with them. If they ask you something all gangster-like, make them repeat it the right way before you respond.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• can't help on this one, sorry. but kids will be kids maybe they will outgrow it.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 8:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• They are getting it somewhere. Of course, my daughter has this bizarre 24 year old woman that tries to polk out her nasty head every once and a while and tell me about myself. (she's actually 9). She gets in trouble, grounded, whatever, chores like cleaning up after the dog.

I'm guessing they are exaggerating behavior that they've seen on TV- just nip it in the bud, girl.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have a mixed grandson and he thought he'd be funny by putting a gangsta video on my myspace page. I was livid! It had words in there I'd never use and violence and music I'd never approve of. that page is a representation of me and he defiled it. I was NOT a happy camper. It's one thing for them to choose how they want to act (he's 18) but I'll be horn swaggled if I allow him to pull me in to such a disrespectful display. I had asked him to fix my text color and he did that. Needless to say I changed my password. I don't need help like that.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My brother tried this for a while (he isn't mixed though...just dumb) and my whole family refused to respond or speak to him until he spoke normally and respectfully. He learned pretty quick. I would also pants him anywhere and everywhere until he pulled his damn pants up. It was entertaining for a while.... :)
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 9:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have one who is mixed who is now 8 yrs old. Last summer, we were visiting friends in IL and next door was an AA girl about her same age. Mine is a little more tan but mostly white. So, she becomes friends with this girl and I heard the two of them talking: My daughter: "I'm black - like you". Neighbor girl: "SHHHH, no you ain't - YOU WHITE!" My daughter: "Oh yes I am!" Neighbor girl: "Nuh uh!" My daughter - talking to me now: "Oh no she di - in't!"

Hopefully, yours will grow out of it and hopefully mine won't get her @$$ kicked!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• sorry im back the problem is they are seventeen and fourteen and have never been raised to portray themselves this way. my seventeen year old is a honor roll student on her way to college
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009