Horribly sick!

The right side of my nose is soooo stuffed up and I cant get it to unclog. I cant get anything out when I blow my nose. I have tried Vicks Vapor Rub. Nothing. It is causing such horrible presure that my ears pop everytime I sniffle. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could unclog my nose!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• try taking a hot shower or bath, also they have these things you can put in the shower with you that are like Vicks...also try a decongestant.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• God that sucks...do you have any Breathe Right nasal strips? These help me when my nose gets stuffy. Or use saline nose drops then blow your nose after.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Mucinex gets mucus running. When I get stopped up I use that, even two twice a day instead of one twice a day. I also use a netipot, you can use it with the mix it comes with or make your own with some non-iodized salt in a cup of warm water. If you aren't using a netipot, you can sniff the mild salt water up your nose and spit it out, either one washes out the nose and some of the sinuses. You can get netipots and the mix in a pharmacy or the pharmacy area of the grocery store.

Answer by Bmat at 9:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• A friend just told me to eat soup? lol. and hold my face over the bowl while im eating it? is this i guess the same concept as taking a hot shower? She also suggested going out in the cold and getting my nose running. Wouldnt this just make me more sick?
    Anonymous

• Nasal spray. I hot shower. I take Zyrtec D and that really helps me. Go to the doctor and see if you have a sinus infection, my ears pop when my sinuses are really bad.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• That's when I use nasal saline spray. Afryn or Little Noses.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Get a "Neti Pot " from your local pharmacy...I bought mine from Walgreens. I paid about $14 for it. You can find it near the cold remedies by nasal rinses.
    It's like a baby plastic tea kettle. You fill it with cooled pre-boiled water and add the saline packet which comes with it.
    Read the instructions...rinse out your nasal sinus cavity and see all thay gunk start to come out.
    I use it on my whole family at the first sign of a cold. It works wonders for sinuses.
    I wish I knew about it years ago...a friend of mine told me about it last year and I tell everyone about it now.
    Noosh

Answer by Noosh at 12:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009