breastfeeding and the flu : HELP PLEASE

what can I take for the flu, I nurse exclusive my baby

sami7jami8

Asked by sami7jami8 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Theraful the kind that you mix with hot water and drink that works good for me, I don't know about the other types of theraful. Sudafed, not the PE kind the kind you have to go up to the pharmacy and ask for. You can still take the PE kind but I don't find that it helps any, but that's just for congestion. You can take Tylenol. I also like to drink ginger ale when I have an upset stomache it helps. You can get all these things at Walmart and most drugstores.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• thanks a lot!!!!!
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If its the flu like congestion I am still trying to get over it and I got Tylenol Cold multisymptom, the pharmacist said that it was fine to take b/c so little passes to the breastmilk. Now I am taking tylenol sinus b/c I feel like my head is going to explode. it sux. good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009