How did you first find out?

How did you first find out that you were pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• w/ my first kid i went to HEB and started craving things like pickles and i absolutely despise pickles so i just knew. My current one we were trying but i knew because of my moodyness
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I took a test. lol =)
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i went for my birth control shot (it was about a week late) and they gave me a test. i had no clue. i was in shock!!!
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• A nurse called me with the blood test results. I was too scared to do a home test.....
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• With my first, I had been TTC and I "knew" it...I felt different, I was nauseous and I even told my co-workers before I took the test. I took the test after work, it was positive, and I called everyone at about midnight to share my good news

With my second, I had no idea. Something about having a child to chase after put me really out of tune with my body. I didn't even know I was late...my sister and I have the same cycle and when she said she started hers it didn't click to me that I hadn't. After a couple days she's like "you better take a test"...I took the test, it didn't pop up right away so I thought, "guess not" and when I went back into the bathroom to throw it away it was positive and I was like "wtf"...lol...like I was confused about how it happened even though we had stopped using protection. We wanted another baby but thought it would take longer because our first took a long time to conceive.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I went to the dr for a physical n I had to go take a preggo test before I could get my shots but I guess I was pregnant I had no clue at all I was already 2 months
    soon2bmamma

Answer by soon2bmamma at 9:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Missed a period so I took a test went to the drs to confirm
    Momma2be012408

Answer by Momma2be012408 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• With my first son I just had the feeling. We had been trying for about 8 months so I wasn't surprised. With my second son we had just decided to try for a girl (and by just decided I mean it only took 1 time) I was a week late so I got a test and it came back positive I was in denial because it took so long with my first son I took 2 more before I finally mad a Doctors appointment..
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 9:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• We were trying and I hadn't had my period in about two months, which isn't unusual for me. We were planning on going out drinking over the holidays with my cousins and I thought I should take a test just in case. Sure enough, it said no you are not drinking over the holidays!

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• With my first I just knew. I was hella tired and just knew I was pregnant. This time around we were trying, but had been for about 6 months and I had kinda given up. I was late but only by a couple days so I didn't think much of it. We were getting ready to leave for a weekend trip and I decided to take a test so I could see the negative and not have to worry about it in Colorado. So 6 am, with no warning, there it was! A nice little positive, I was so thrilled!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2009