How late in a cycle can you ovulate?

Just curious. My cycles are 36 days. This month I didn't use anything but in Dec & Jan I used ovulation sticks and I ovulated on day 19. Can you ovulate later then that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• As a general rule cycles are different lengths so there is no way to tell how soon after your period you ovulate but you ovulate 14 days before your next period. So if you have 36 day cycles I would say you ovulate on day 22.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• those sticks show up when you will ovulate in a certain time frame, like within ght next 12-36 hours. Different for every woman just to be used as a general guide. Temp if you want to know for sure.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes you can o later than that...i have hypothyroidism and i used to o a lot later before treatment... now my cycles are 32 days oing around day20 with a 11-12 day LP
    so as the PP says its not always 14 days before your period ...
    some people with no problems at all have gained pregnancy on 50 day cycles...hope this answers your question
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 1:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009