What do I do for my daughter?

My daughter is now 18 months old. He has always denied her.(He knew she was) I filed a suit with my lawyer to take him to court for paternity and childsupport and he called me and asked if we could settle out of court. I set up a meeting with my lawyer and us. He admitted that she was his and signed all necessary documents and we filled out papers for support and he was ordered to hold insurance on her. He asked that I have the birthcertificate changed to include him and for her last name to be changed to his. My lawyer added that visitations can be agreed between him and I. after we went to lunch to finish talking and at the end I asked if he wanted to see her and he said he wasn't ready yet. He has told everyone before including his family that she was not his and that I was a liar..What do I do about visitations if he wants them? Do u think he wants to see her? Why would he want it all changed if he didn't want to see her?

ashdenney

Asked by ashdenney at 9:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would follow his cues, and if he asks to see her, meet somewhere on nuteral grounds. I would by no means let him take her untill you feel comfortable, and also you have no idea what he will tell his family and if it is the truth or not so you dont want them taking it out on her either. But dont let him bully you into changing plans or doing things his way saying that you wont let him either, be reasonable but not to giving, he has put himself in this position. Basically do what is best for you daughter..,GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009