Honesty- when you ask a question, do you want the truth or someone to just make you feel better?

I don't believe in sugar coating anything. Sometimes, the truth must be told. Otherwise, I would feel really bad lying to someone just to prevent hurting their feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Of course it feels good to have people agree with you, but if I am going through the trouble to ask a question, I want the truth. As long as it is done in a polite way, I can handle someone disagreeing with me.

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would actually like the truth. It is alot better sometimes to get answers or answer someone else when u dont know the person. It is alot easier to be truthful whether it is hurtful or not.
    ashdenney

Answer by ashdenney at 9:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree, I want to hear the truth.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Tell the truth..but you don't have to so rude about it. Most of the time I see moms asking question because they really want advise and some people can be so rude...It's not necessary.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 9:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My ego always wants someone to make me feel better, but I have to say overall I do want real honesty. It may hurt my feelings initially, but I'm always glad later on that the person told me the truth. As far as sugar-coating, I think you can be honest in a way that's truthful and sensitive at the same time. Ex. Your friend asks you if an outfit makes her look fat. You're thinking...Yeah, I can see your rolls. But you can say..."Yes, you do look fat" or you can say "You know, I don't think that shirt is very flattering to your body type, let me help you find something else that'll look super sexy." The second way, you're still being honest, but you're helping the person look at the positive.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 9:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'd rather have the truth even if it hurts. It should be done nicely and respectfully. I get mad when people are rude about the truth.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i would rather the truth... ima big girl, i wont cry. lol
    but seriously, i hate when i ask some1's opinion n they ask, "honestly"?
    ummmm, no i just asked cuz i wanted to know wht creative garbage you could think up.
    Yessss! i want 2 kno the honest truth!
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 10:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2009