Dont you just wanna kill ppl who...

give your kids something that you usually wouldnt w/o asking you first:(
grrrr... i hate it. I very give my daughter sweets (mainly candy) i can let her slide with a cookie or two. But Im not big on kids and candy, especially hard candy. C'mon shes 3... who's gonna replace her if she chokes on YOUR candy??? huh.
shouldnt you really think 2x about giving sum1s child anything. And i mean anything... even a drop of water. I jus think its so inconsiderate.
everytime we go into a store, the guys behind the counter offer her a lollipop or something. (dont these guys have a spare bag of pretzels layin around lol)
and she will act like her life is over if i try taking it, so she knows she;s getting away with murder. I had to stress to her to make sure mommy says its ok to eat things that others give her, even if we do know them.

StarrCooKie

Asked by StarrCooKie at 9:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree. The parent should always be asked before anything is offered to the child.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i agree no one gives anything to my daughter without asking me or my husband
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Really, people still do that? I would just say NO. They should ask first.
    Anonymous

• I can't say that it really bothers me much because I have the choice to let them eat it or not. I have never had a random stranger hand my kids candy without asking me first, but if I did I would simply take it away and tell them they couldn't have it.
    LvnDeadGrl

Answer by LvnDeadGrl at 9:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yes I agree when my DD was about 8-9 months old ( not long ago maybe 2 months ago) I gave her pork for the first time for dinner one night, the next morning i come into the dining room and my step dad was giving her pieces of french toast ( she had bread but not egg at that point) And i was pissed because how would I have known which one she was allergic to if she would have broken out in a rash
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yes, I agree. Never give a child anything without asking a parent.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• We have a store that gives kids suckers. I finally told the owner that I'd rather she didnt do that. My daugther has had dental problems sense her teeth came in. I'd be happy to bring her in a bag of pretzels if that was okay. She got a bag of pretzels herself and offered them instead.

Some folks just love kids and forget that in this day and age you just cant talk to or offer kids things.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I worked at a bank and always asked before I gave candy or stickers to a kid. If the kids are my friends or family, then no I don't ask. I know what those kids are allowed to have. I don't freak out too much if someone gives my son something too much, as long as I was told what he was given so I knew what to watch for.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009