What is a good way to find out if you are ovulating.

My period has become very irregular over the past couple of years. I track it on mycycle.com but I can't seem to pin point the right ovulation window. How do I even know if I'm ovulating at all?

Hubby and I are ready for baby #3, we have sex 3-4 times a week (at LEAST) and no luck. What could I be doing wrong? What can I do to be successful?

LadyChamp

Asked by LadyChamp at 10:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know it can be hard when you really want to be pregnant and nothing seems to be working. How long have you been trying?
    I know that when I was trying to get pregnant, I started by doing all of the tracking and temping and it didn't work. I couldn't understand and then I started making myself crazy worrying about if I was sterile or something. LOL. It wasn't until I just relaxed and let it happen that I finally got pregnant. I think anxiety or thinking about it too hard can get in the way. Our bodies are very perceptive to our emotions. At least that was my experience. :)
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 4:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I can tell because I have a different type of discharge.... When you are ovulating you should have a slimy type of discharge, not to be disgusting or anything
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Try OPKs. They tell you when your LH surges. Within 12 to 24 hours of the surge, you ovulate.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried temping?
    blueorpink

Answer by blueorpink at 10:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I've tried temping, and I track the discharge so far that hasn't worked.

I think I will try the OPKs.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I wonder if it has anything to do with the Mirena I was on. I got it in January of 2008 and had it removed in July of 2008. It competely screwed up my cycle.

Shouldn't this be enough time to get my cycle back on track though?
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't waste your money on the OPKs. They only tell you when you have an LH surge...just because you get the surge doesn't mean you ovulate. You'd have to go to the doc to find out for sure, but if you're charting you should be able to tell...check your cervical fluid, if it's good then the day before your temp spike is when you ovulate
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 5:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009