Vaginal lubrication / orgasm after baby

I read today that the vagina doesn't lubricate well after having a baby, and that continues while breastfeeding. I am breastfeeding and hardly get wet AT ALL. Does/did this happen to everyone else ? And also - I haven't been able to have an orgasm since I was pregnant. (DD is 10 months now). Is this due to the same thing ? And when I stop breastfeeding will I get wet again be able to orgasm ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• sometimes you can get a bit of a hormonal imbalance post-partum. tell your ob, you may be able to treat it with a simple estrogen cream.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I know for sure breastfeeding will reduce lubrication.

Lubrication is in part from the Bartholin glands located on either side of the inside of the vagina. There's tiny holes where the lubricant leaks out. I only know this because I had a cyst in one of my Bartholin glands and had to have it removed. I haven't been as lubricated since. This was way before my baby came.

Since I had a C-section, I don't know if having the baby go through the birth canal affects the Bartholin glands or not. I would think that much volume has to do something to them, though. Look how the muscles inside the vagina stretches and sometimes don't go back.

I googled Bartholin gland for you. This is a good description:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartholin%27s_gland

As for the orgasm part, I have no idea since I have become even more sensitive since the birth.

I hope this helps.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm currently having the same problem... I'm BF and on the minipill so I'm guessing it has to do with that. I hear it goes back to normal a month or 2 after you stop BF... Try KY
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Dont try KY! Ky is recommended for rectal thermometers and not long periods of time like sex. It has too many perservatives in it. Try Just Like Me off my website. Its a great everday lube and rewets itself. I am a consultant for Pure Romance. Message me if you have any ?s. jennamilander.pureromance.com
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 3:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• While you are at it too, try XScream arousal cream. It will help with orgasm as well as work on your partner.
    mrsmilander

• Your body will get back to "normal". I t just takes time. Don't worry. :-)
    ilovepoms

Answer by ilovepoms at 7:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2009