has this ever happend to anyone else?

Ok I am 38 weeks today and here lately I have been having A LOT of pressure down there. I know its my baby moving around down there because the doctor told me she is very very low in the birth canal. Anyways the pressure is so bad that it feels like if it gets any worse something is just going to pop out of there, could that happen? Could she be pushing down so much that my water could break or something? I know this sounds dumb but my last baby was born prematurly and I have never gone through any of this before.

PrOuDmOmMy1011

Asked by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you sure your cervix isn't thinning out? If it's that uncomfortable, I would go to the hospital to see how far dilated you are. You could be going into labor soon, if you're not already starting. Good luck to you.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• well everytime I go to the doc. he tells me that I am not dialated at all and my cervix feels the way it is supossed to for this time in the pregnancy, whatever that means. I have been have a crampy feeling in my back and stomach but it doesn't consistantly come and go and sometimes it stays around for like 30mins at a time. But the cramping doesn't hurt it is just enough for me to know that is there.
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• you should go get checked. your water doesnt have to break some babies are born "in the sac"
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Do you think it could be Braxton-Hicks contractions? They are like contractions, only they don't get really bad and are irregular. It's normal, but doesn't mean your baby's coming.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Well yes I think the cramping would be braxton hicks because they are not consistant, but would the horrible pressure be that too?
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm not sure :( I didn't have contractions naturally because I was induced. Sorry :(
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• if your talking about it being sore to where everytime you move i'm feeling that too. i only have a month to go but every time i move in my sleep or if i'm walking i feel like pain in my lower parts.. my mom says it's normal but i don't know you should ask your docter on your next oppointment
    emomother

Answer by emomother at 11:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It Is VERY normal! It sounds like the baby has dropped and is engaging for labor. Labor itself could still be weeks (or months) away. There is a CM mom who went into labor at 45 weeks after all of this. It was a home birth and baby was born very healthy.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 12:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• no i dont think that is dumb. its normal to have questions about things you havent been through before. i had back labor for two days before i went to the hospital. it SUCKED. but if you are feeling like you have to push, then i would say just lay down. and try to put your feet up. relax. its not good for your baby to have really, any stress before being born. it makes labor and pushing more difficult. maybe call your doctor or the doctor on call from your office and tell them whats happening. if thats not an option call your local hospital and ask for the maternity ward. they could tell you whether or not they think you should come in. good luck. congrats =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2009