Uh im soo jealous

I had a miscarrage 6 weeks ago and see my sister is pregnant and she asked if i need pads and i said no cause i havent gotten a period yet made me so mad that she was giving me pads and i was like no you need them after birth and she was like no you need it more! She also keeps bringing baby clothes in front of me and asking my mom omg my baby will look so cute in this and blah blah blah and she keeps rubbing her belly in front of me and saying how bigs she looks which she doesnt yet uh its stressful being around her i get soo angry is it wrong of me and she also said to me aww you would of been bigger then me if you were still pregnant i just wanna get drunk and ignore everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no your not wrong for feeling this way && maybe she could be a bit more sensitive && compassionate towards you, while going through her pregnancy - I mean yes she is excited, which is normal && alot of your anger && feelings towards her have NOTHING to do with her - Its because of what you just went through && alot of it is your feelings & anger towards the miscarriage.
    I never personally been through miscarriage so i dont know how you feel && i wont pretend to - but i suggest you just bring how your feeling to your sister attention - im sure she doesnt mean ANY harm or trying to hurt you - but just let her know where your at with it - Its up to you to let people know where your at - && if you choose not to than your choosing to sit in those feelings && bottle them up....
    talk about it sweetie - free yourself of feelings && try to gain acceptance - im sorry for your loss && good luck,
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It's normal to feel jealous but you can't expect her to not be excited. I would talk to her and let her know how you feel. It may be necessary to distance yourself for a little bit. I don't think she's doing any of this to hurt you. I remember when I was pregnant, I couldn't NOT touch my belly. It was an unconscious action. I'm very sorry for your loss.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• im sorry you had to go through that. its REALLY hard. but no its not wrong. and i would tell her how you feel. and then, i'd get drunk. im not gonna lie.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I'm so sorry you are going through that and I know how you feel. Give yourself more time to grieve and with time you will heal. It is normal to feel that way, a miscarriage is a very devastating thing to go through. Others who have not been through it don't understand so those of us who have have a better understanding. I agree, maybe a little bit of time away from your sister would be good for you. Maybe once she notices you have distanced yourself she'll be a bit more empathatic. Take Care! Hugs!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 10:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No you have every right to feel upset with her. My daughter was still born a few years ago. My friend would come over complaining her back hurt and how she couldn't sleep b/c her belly was so big and her baby was always kicking all night long. I really wanted to smack her since she knew that my baby had died at 23 weeks. It was very hard b/c she lived upstairs from me and when they came home from the hospital I could hear her baby crying all the time. I did get a little easier but only with time. I would talk to your sister about how she is making you feel. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    Anonymous

• Maybe u could try talking to her about this and explaining to her that it's making u feel bad. i don't know if she even realizes she's doing it.gl!
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 2:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2009