Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get my children back from the state when someone lied on me about things I would never do?

If someone has been in this situation please let me know what you did to get them home faster. They have nothing against me and threw everything out of court but will not give them back for nothing for 6 months.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • what state are you in

    Answer by nakita72 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

  • Just recently had someone lie to CPS about me too they interviewed my kids at their school taking them out of their classtime. I came in and talked to them explained the current situation and they immediately said the case was unfounded and closed the case I stood my ground united with my DH We will not be intimidated by anybody anymore!!!!!

    Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

  • States don't REMOVE children as a first option. When there is a complaint the first thing the state does is try to implement safety plans. The only time children are removed is when there is absolutely no other choice. It is very hard to get an order to remove children. If your children were removed it wasn't for unsubstantiated lies, it was because the state found evidence of a problem.  If you want your children back, please follow your safety plan and complete the steps your worker or the courts have set for you. 


    Answer by MommyAddie at 11:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.