So.....

Are there are any old wives tales you would like to share? On pregnancy or babies or just life?

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was around 12, I had a huge wart on the back of my hand. I hated it.

My grandma told me to tie a red thread around it for a bit, then bury it in the backyard. She said by summer's end, the wart would fall off.

It did.

My grandma rocks!

(I know, it would have fallen off anyway...no bashing!)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My son would not sleep through the night and my grandmother said to flip him end over end- she was so insistent that I did it one day he was about 7 months old it didn't work! He didn't sleep through the nighth until he was 5 years old!
    My uncle used to tell us to put wiskey on their gums when the kids were teething- I did NOT do that one!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My grandparents, (bless their hearts), used to tell us we'd go blind if we fell asleep with our hair wet.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my granma use to tell me my face would get frostbite b/c i ate ice all the time
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• wink miniI have always been extremely scared of bees.  When I was pregnant with my 1st child, I saw one, cried out & ran.  Well, my MIL proceeded to tell me that, since I had done that, my baby would be born with a birthmark of a, you guessed it, bee on him.  And, you also guessed it, it didn't happen! 

Tweeby

Answer by Tweeby at 12:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My mom said if you left the house without making the bed you will have a bad day and up to now no matter how late i am i cannot leave the house without making the bed...........but thats only coz i find coming home to an untidy place quite bad anyway. LOL!!!
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 2:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2009