How can I get my children back from the state when someone lied on me about things I would never do?

I live in WV

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, usually it takes more that just one person telling a lie for you to lose your children. So I would suggest getting honest, taking stock of your life and getting rid of anything that would hold CPS back with your children. In a case where you've LOST them you may have to show them for some time that you have changed. But if you are unwilling to admit you did anything, or change anything in your life then I think you have a rough emotional road ahead of you.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Is there an ongoing investigation? Are they looking into your life/house/actions?
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You need to petition the judge for custody, and do whatever they tell you to do in order to qualify for custody again. This is normally a process and you should already know about all of this unless they have terminated your parental rights permanently. And you should have somebody from the state that is representing your children and yourself to be a mediator in this situation. I am surprized that you are in the dark? I wouldn't waste any time if I were you!

lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 11:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009