When Can She Use A Blanket?

ive searched the internet & cant find an answer. so when did you let your LO start using a blanket as a cover while sleeping? does anyone know the recommended age or development level?

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 11:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Somewhere around a year or when they are able to pull it off their little face if it gets covered up. We put one in my DD's crib with a satin edge that she likes to chew on when going to sleep and she is 8 mos old.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Our son was around a year and went to using a baby blanket and nothing else. He's two now and still sleeps in footie pajamas and his baby blanket bunched up for a pillow.

We keep his room heated at 72* all night.

When he moves out of a crib and into a toddler bed, I'll set it up as a regular bed. Right now he's still surfing the mattress at night.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my son is 5 months and he already uses a blanket, he has from day one. i know some people dont think its right but he's just fine. he doesnt bury his head in it or nything but he cant sleep unless it's at least half way touching his face during nap. at night time however, i bundle him up with his head uncovered.
    newmom10408

Answer by newmom10408 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I cannot imagine not useing a blanket. tuck the blanket in around the matress if your worried about it but babies need blankets
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We always used a lightweight blanket with my son. A blanket sleeper and a lightweight blanket when it was especially cold outside. Now that my son is able to push it off his face, get up on all four limbs, etc., I allow him to sleep with his fuzzy blankets -and- his favorite silky blanket. He likes to cuddle one while being covered by the other one. We started to do this at 7 months old, when he started to crawl. If you are worried about using blankets, you can purchase a blanket sleepers. They just go over the regular sleepers like a sleeping sack, and it functions just like a blanket but without the risk of covering the baby's face. You can find them at babies-r-us.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:04 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I think we put a blanket on DD when she was about a year old.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 10:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009