We got another complaint, this makes three, I hope they don't kick us out :(

I posted b4 about this whole complaint thing, asking what I can do 2 keep my daughter quiet and I tried the suggestions you all gave me, and (I think) she's getting better, but apparently its not good enough because we got another complaint today, I really hope the leasing office manager will let us stay, im worried about what will happen now. The woman that lives beneath us came 2 our door personally and complained 2 us threatening 2 call the cops, and she said she will be telling the leasing manager in the morning about it. NOTE: The lady who lives underneath us also works in the leasing office she is currently on a leave of absence

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• What in the world is your daughter doing that's making so much noise?? I missed the other posts I guess.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• that lady must have a bug up her butt if she cant handle the noise of your daughter sounds RIDICULOUS!! if you seriously have to walk on egg shells that bad than i would just move and I agree with ReneeK3 what is your daughter doing to be making o much noise?
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Is she pounding on the walls or jumping around or screaming all day? If not, they really cannot kick you out, and if they try to, you need to get a lawyer.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I saw your posts the other night, you know.

Could you see if there's another apartment you can move to in the same building? Maybe if you move out from above this lady who seems hyper sensitive to kids, you'll be okay. Talk to the leasing manager about it. Maybe even suggest swapping apartments with someone else who has the same layout and rent and NO kids. If you go to the leasing manager with an attitude of "lets solve this, and not blame" he might be really helpful.

He doesn't want to have to deal with complaints, but also doesn't want to lose a tenant (you).
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• She's doin what every 2yr old does, just bein loud but not insanely loud, and I really try 2 keep her quiet but she won't listen especially when she doesn't get her way
    Anonymous

• Make it your priority to find out what rights you have under the housing laws in your state. Also review your lease carefully to be sure you aren't in violation. If all three complaints came from the same person instead of different tenents it sounds more like a personal problem. Do not open your door to her again. That is harrassment and making threats. Unless your child is screaming at the top of her lungs all day and night it seems she doesn't have much of a leg to stand on.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I've talked 2 the manager she seems understanding but if this woman calls the cops isn't that an automatic out right there? And timelessglass I talked 2 her dad about the melatonin thing u mentioned to me and hes considering it where did u say I can find it?
    Anonymous

• All the complaints are from her, I know that for a fact
    Anonymous

• You can find in health food stores.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Do u think trader joes would have it?
    Anonymous