normal to show this early

this is my first child, i am 14 weeks prego and starting to show a little. i know that littler women often show sooner than not-so-little women, but i was not little. i weighed 155 lbs when i got prego and im not that tall. i was told and read that its not that normal to show when your my size and its your first. did i read/hear false info or what? cuz i am not eatting too much. im eating okay and all. but i dont know why i am showing so early... help?

mrs.miner

Asked by mrs.miner at 11:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I started showing in Jan and got preg in Oct. SO I think that it is okay. I am not a small person by any means. Okay not that big but I weighed 187 when I got pregnant.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i started to show around Dec, and got pregnant around the end of sep. and i am no small girl i started at 140. dont freak ok!
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am 5'9'' and I weighed 137 when I got pregnant. I didn't show until I was almost seven months along. I think that if you are shorter then it has a lot to do with when you show... think about it the baby doesn't exactly have the extra room in a woman who is 5'3'' that they would in someone my height!
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 11:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My doctor told me that showing will differ on everyone. Nobody has a pregnancy the same as another woman. I am smaller as well...and I couldn't button my jeans I wanna say around 9 or 10 weeks. Its not that I was really showing yet, but compared to what i was used to, I def was. lol.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Even if you are on the heavier side I think being short has a lot to do with it as well. Maybe it's twins, lol! Both of my sisters showed much sooner than I did, but they are shorter than me as well. One is shorter by half a foot and the other is only a few inches shorter than me, but has longer legs and a shorter torso. Certainly don't worry about it at all. Everyone is different!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2009