what is your opinion on a brand new daycare??

i own a building that im about to rent out to a lady that wants to put a daycare in. It seems like its going to be a great place and im considering on puting my daughter in it...

Not sure though since its never been opened...whats your opinion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Definately get some references before putting your daughter anywhere.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am leary of all new care facilities. Whether it is a Daycare, Retirement home, Convelescent center. Why? Because they have no history. When I'm endearing the care of a loved one to someone else I have to be able to check their track record. That is just me. I understand that someone needs to give them a shot..it just isn't at the possible expense of those I love.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• not sure how to have an opinion about something not in existence; however, I can say it's a good investment. Are they all trained with certificates? What is the ratio of child to adult? Will there be learning or just babysitting services? Can you drop in and check on your child at any time? Will there be field trips?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Its a tough one and i'm still grappling with it. I sent my son to a really new centre ( he was the 2nd child on their register)The toys and facillities are totally new and my son even got to break open a few of them. The owner is really nice and makes an effort to meet with me or speak with me. My son seems happy and he says he is happy. And its right in the neighborhood so no long drives and traffic jams.But i guess he would benefit from a place with history. I'm still trying to decide.
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 2:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2009