Is it worse to smoke while pregnant or...

To be talking on a pay phone while your child falls out your car window cause you weren't paying attention? This is a serious question based of something that happened to me today. This ladies kid fell out of her car window while she was on the pay phone. She didn't even notice. I dropped my cig ran over and helped the kid. The mom put down the phone came over and ripped me about smoking while pregnant. All I did was help her damn kid. Then she put her kid back in the car and went back to the phone. The damn kids head was bleeding cause she landed on her head on the asfault. I went in and had the circle K attend. call 911 The lady tried to have me arrested for smoking while her kid was taken to the hospital by an abulance. WTF are some people thinking?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I smoke too. Im 6 1/2 months. I smoke 2 ciggs. a day. (Trying to quit)
    And although we do know its wrong to smoke while pregnant...
    Im sure you cut back, or are trying to quite. I agree with you... somewhat.
    I dont think you are in wrong.. besides smoking.. but im not judging you.. because im almost positive you cut back or are trying to quick.
    I think she is in the wrong for bitching you out!! You tried helping her child who got hurt on an ACCIDENT.. and she was more worried about you smoking while you are pregnant. She should have been dealing with he child. I wouldnt care if you were smoking! Its your choice!
    Does everyone get that!!
    No matter what you say to her.. or me.. about smoking while we are pregnant.. its our choice.
    And you cant stop us. You can tell us your opinions.. but thats it.
    I think you did the right thing.
    Congrats on saving the day. Im sure the kid appriciates it.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Hey smoke all you want, it's your kid! You both are wrong.
    Anonymous

• Stop smoking. While she apparently is a bad mother, you're harming your unbornn child. Selfish!
    Anonymous

• Thats crazy! While I do not approve of smoking while pregnant ( or at all, really), if you helped my child, I would be thanking you, not chewing you out. You are a stranger and she should have kept her mouth shut. It's your choice. She showed herself to be quite the hypocrite. Worried about someone else's child while neglecting her own.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Ok this isn't meant for a smoking debate, but if you believe my smoking is equal to what she did get counseling That's what she was told by every one there Wow there really are crazy people every where.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Rebecca thank you that was my thought I wouldn't care if you were a crazy looney if you just helped my kid I'ld be thanking you not talking shit
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Both of you are in the wrong. Her kid was hurt unintentionally and you are possibly hurting your kid intentionally....so, why is what she did more wrong than you? You could be setting your child up for a lifetime of asthma which kids could die from...her child could've died from a brain injury. You aren't in a position to judge..no mom is. Maybe she was making an emergency call. You don't know the situation
    Anonymous

• Smoking is bad for your unborn child. You're neglecting your child's health.
    Anonymous

• What do you mean it's not meant to be a smoking debate. You asked which was worse...smoking while pregnant or...just b/c you don't like the answers
    Anonymous

• Ok she was neglecting her kid then when she came over her kid was bleeding she put it back in the car and went back to the pay phone for her call after chewing me out. The kid was maybe 3 or 4 and in a car alone with no one paying attention I could've been a kid napper and taken the kid she would've never noticed.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009