genital warts

i had a few very small genital warts nearly two years ago. now i'm16 weeks preggo and terrified they'll come back?! does anyone know how common it is for them tob e gone for such a long time them show up again?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Genital Warts is a strand of HPV. There is no cure for genital warts and so it's very likely for them to flare up again. And you can pass it on to others,
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yes, It can show up again, especially now when your pregnant because your immune system is weaker.
    Anonymous

• i have it. i'm fully aware that it's hpv and my partner is fully aware of it as well. my question is has anyone had them reoccur after them being gone during pregnancy? is that common?
    Anonymous

• I had them with my first pregnancy. that was 17 years ago. They have never reoccured with me, even when I was pregnant last year........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It just varies person to person. I've known a few people who have had genital warts and one person I know has carried the strain but has never shown any symptoms, and on the other hand I know people who have gone for years without anything and then they just pop up one day, and others who continue to have breakouts their entire life. Just make sure your OB knows about it though because it can be passed on to your child and cause illness if you have a vaginal birth.
    jazzyjazz80

Answer by jazzyjazz80 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Mine show come out when im preggers...then i have clear pap smears after treatment had laser after birth of first son inside and out but had him vaginally Dr didnt warn on what could happen to baby....this time it was 3 clear pap smears then second pregnancy, their they are...so this round we're having a csection just in case and more treatment.so yes they can be gone then show up again and my dr this time even warned that after treatment they can always come bac....
    mommy2one07

Answer by mommy2one07 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009