Is it okay to bleed in your first trimester?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, see your Dr. and maybe google it just to read up on it.
    Anonymous

• it depends on you. honestly. i bled my first five months of pregnancy. i didnt even know i was pregnant till i was over 22 weeks. it wasnt great lemme tell ya. but anyways, it also depends on how much you're bleeding. if its enough to use a tampon or pad and you dont have a doc appt soon i would go to the ER and just tell them you are pregnant and bleeding and think you might be having a miscarriage. =] good luck i hope everything is okay!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:30 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It depends on the bleeding. I had spotting during the first trimester and freaked out and made a doctors appointment for the next day. My doctor told me that it was perfectly normal because of the changes taking place in the body. Also there are some women who continue to get their periods throughout their pregnancy. If the bleeding is more than a little spotting I'd get in immediatly with your ob. However, if it's barely enough for a light pad, and you haven't had any previous miscariages then or any other sympotoms of concern then I'd wait till your next doctors visits.
    jazzyjazz80

Answer by jazzyjazz80 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It really depends on you. I had severe bleeding into my 2nd trimester with my first and it was nothing serious. I had spotting with this one on and off during the 1st tri. Everyone is different.
    Are you cramping too? How far along are you? What kind of bleeding are you having?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 2:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• if its spotting then yes.. but if there is pain and lots of bright red blood then you need to get checked asap
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2009