• In the Spotlight:

WHAT!?!?! WHY?!!!

Has anyone had a positive test in the morning and then a negative in the evening?? I took a dollar store test it was positive this morning then neg. FRER and neg. Clearblue tonight. I'm going to test again in the morning...but im worried now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, I've had this happen before. I was in fact pregnant..the second test I took (the one that came back negative) was a faulty test. I'd recommend re-testing in the morning. Best of luck and baby dust!
    NFLplayerswife

Answer by NFLplayerswife at 11:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Your hormone levels are higher in the morning and that is why the directions say to test then.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• trust me--the $ Store tests do work (that's where I got mine)---Congrats!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• By the time evening rolls around, the hormone is too diluted in the urine to be detected. Test only in the morning. A positive is a positive.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I had 3 + and about 5 - so i am in the same boat as you if i dont start next week imma get a blood test good luck
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 12:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• get a blood test the dollar store ones dont always work we did experiments with them in high school family planning class and one of the GUYS in class got a positive and one of the girls almost 8 months preggo got a negative they were only right about 75% of the time try more reliable and first thing in the morning but definately see a doctor for blood test!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have heard that it is best to take the test when you first go to the bathroom in the morning. IDK if this is true, but that happened to my neighbor and it worked for her. The first one I ever took was at night around dinner, and it was positive..so it might just depend on the person. I would do a majority rules type of thing and then call the dr. Like 2/3 were positive..or something like that.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2009