Is anyone on here a lawyer or judge in children custody?

Their are a few random questions that I am pondering about and I need to pick your brain a bit for some advice :)

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I have worked as a legal assistant and have also filed my own child support/paternity/parenting plan papers.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Try posting your questions here:  http://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/

There's at least one family law attorney and several court clerks on there.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Too cheap for a lawyer eh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No, just it's my husband problem- and he can't seem to deal with it, so I am curious about what to do!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Anon :15...stop it! There is no reason to be rude. A lawyer is not ALWAYS necessary. All counties have packets for purchase for people that want to do it theirselves.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Wow anon rude much ?

Even if you can talk to a lawyer later, sometimes you just want to get ideas tonight, really what's up your tooshie?
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 12:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Thanks for the back-up :) I hate it when this is for advice, and people make you feel like crap--and maybe we might be too poor for a lawyer, you never know!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 1:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Mikko

You can go to websites, but I reccomend getting free consultations with LOCAL lawyers, even if you can't afford one they don't need to know that and will usually give a free initial consultation.

Local law is so different, even within Ohio - if we lived ONE, just ONE town over we'd be in a different county and out of court years ago.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Most attorneys offer free consultation and I think that would be a better idea because what is true in one state may not be the same in another state. Good luck and ignore the rude people on this site, there are some that just like to stir up trouble. Then there are those that think they are better than everyone else and know everything.

I have had to deal with child support issues but I am not an attorney so I wouldn't want to give you advice because I don't know the laws in other states and the child support laws in Wisconsin change all the time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• That is very rude Anon.

I would call a lawyer. Call the ones who deal with custody and try to set up a free consultation. I have done that alot dealing with my son's dad. Here in Ohio, they used to have a cheap, income based lawyers. I don't know if they are still around here but you should check and see if your area has a lawyer like that. They also have websites that you can go to and ask a lawyer questions. There may be a group here on cafemom for that too. Actually, I may be in a group for legal questions. It's been awhile since I've been on here. I'll pm you if I find it.
    gerigirl90

Answer by gerigirl90 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009