does the alli weight loss pill actually work if you take it right?

I'm thinking about trying the Alli weight loss pill to see if it helps me loose weight. I don't get to exercise like I'd like to do to being a single mom and working full time. And when I tried changing my diet and exercising more, I gained about 5 pounds. So I'm looking for a "helper pill"

jvann1

Asked by jvann1 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Make sure you follow the diet for a few weeks before starting the pill. Other than that, it works great. As long as don't eat more fat than allowed per meal. I lost 30 pounds in three months.
    Anonymous

• I wanted to take it too but I heard it makes you sh*t yourself"?? *UNEXPECTEDLY!!!!!
    Alli users please fill us in on if this is a side effect?!?!! Thanks!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, when I heard about anal leakage, I put it back. UGH> Nothing I want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Well, I know a few people who take it and have advised me so I am going to give it a try. I guess it says on the box to "carry pads with you" for the first week. None of the people have experienced crapping themselves because they follow the diet, so I guess that's the key. If you are used to eating a lot of fat then it will be harder, cause that is what comes out. I am a little nervous too, but I don't eat a lot of fat so I'm thinking that i'll be okay. ;) (hopefully)
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 12:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I'm also a single mom who works full time, and oddly enough I gained weight after I had my kid instead of loosing it, but I've tried every otc diet pill on the market and what I found was that changes in my diet worked better than anything. After my daughter goes to sleep I prepare all of my meals for the next day and that has kept me from eating out for lunch. Also I bough things that I could eat on the go like grapes, and gronal bars. I've heard that with Allie just changing to the diet they recomend gives you weight loss even without the pill. The only reason I advise against taking a pill is because the weight usually comes back once you stop taking them.
    jazzyjazz80

Answer by jazzyjazz80 at 1:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2009