How do I tell my mom I am pregnant? please help..

No bashing please. First off I am 15 and I am pregnant. I stay with my mom and younger sister my mom works all the time but thats no excuse and dad well he hasnt been there since I was about 7. My younger sister who is 11 she knows that Iam pregnant because she has seen me throwing up in the morning all the time and she put two and two together and asked me I told her I was sick from something I had eatten but then she asked me if I was pregnant so I told her but she promised not to tell mom and we both decided that it was my responsibilty to tell her..Where's the baby father? Well he just doesnt want anything to do with me or the baby and I feel bad I feel like just hurting myself but I know I am stronger than that I thought I could trust him now he wont even talk to me at school and when he sees me he turns and walks the other way especailly when hes with his friends I feel like i am alone.. What should I do? who can i trust

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go to the school counsellor and ask for help.  They have girls come to them with this all the time and have some really good resources you can go to.  They can even be present with you when you talk to your mom about this.

I'm sorry the guy is like this.  He's scared and instead of fighting he's fleeing.  He can't escape this since the baby is his responsibility, too. 

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Just sit down with her and tell her. If it would make you more comfortable, ask your school guidance counselor if she could help you talk to your mom. This is how my cousin did told her mom. You need to make the father share responsibility. After you tell your mother, have her call his parents and have them come over with their son and you can all talk about it together. I hope this works out for you.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You have to tell her as soon as possible. The sooner you tell her the more time she has to cool down. I was 16 when I got pregnant, your mom will be FURIOUS...I wont lie to you. But it will pass soon, if you show her YOU will take care of this baby, and finish school ect. It will be hard at first. I have a group you can join for teen moms called both sides of the story. You should join, you can get alot of support. Or PM me, I know what your going through and I will help as much as I can
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I know this is hard. You do need to tell your Mother so that she can talk to you and help you get through this. I'm sorry that your boyfriend is treating you this way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I got pregnant with my son at 18... my sister got pregnant a month before me at 14. I did not live with my mother, my sister did. And do you know she was able to tell my mother she was pregnant before me. Our mother worked all the time and was never there physically or emotionally. My dad and mom split when I was 1 and he was never really there (maybe see or talk to him every 3 years when I was young). We didn't really have a mother/daughter relationship and it terrified me to talk to her about anything. But anyway my sister was 14 and my mother was upset but has been there for her. And she has even been more here for me then ever in my life. You just ball up your fists, push back the tears, take a deep breath and let it out. I'm sure things will change but If your mother loves you she will be there for you.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I just cant tell her for some reason I just cant get my mouth to open up when I am around her. Its so stressful because when I am suppose to be in class learning I just think about how and when should I tell her and what will she do or say????? Im so scared. When iam suppose to be studing my mind is wondering what will my mom say when I tell her and all type of stuff its so hard.. The dad well his name is Kaly Harter and if any of you ladies know him please tell him to please grow up we both made this happen and stop tryn to ignor me. I cant believe him i hate him right now is it wrong....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• As far as the boyfriend, some guys are jerks. You both made that baby. If he doesn't want to be there emotionally for the child, you don't need him. But children cost alot of money... believe me you never realize until your a parent yourself. Just because he is immature doesn't mean your child and you should suffer financially. And doesn't mean he can get entirely away from the responsiblity he created when he thought he would be a "man" and pull his pants down. Take him to court for child support... he wanted to be a man now he can be a man and pay for his child he has created.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you do not feel comfortable telling your mother alone for one reason or another go to your school counsler. Talk to the counsler and see if he/she is willing to call your mother in talk to her with you. It will help you get it out and with someone else being there it will be easier for things to stay civil.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you wait she will be even more upset that you felt you couldnt come to her...she will know eventually so you might as well tell her.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Is there another female relative you are close to? Maybe they can sit with you while you tell your mom and kind of mediate for you. Your mother will be mad, just accept that. You made a really big adult decision about sex and now you have to deal with the consequences. I'm not bashing you but you need to understand that as of now, you have to get used to putting something else ahead of yourself.
    You also need to get prenatal care started as soon as possible. That means you need to start going to the doctor and getting tests done to confirm the pregnancy and how far along you are. Lots of problems can happen if people don't get the medical care they need while pregnant. So as soon as you can, you need to tell your mom, whether by yourself, with your doctor, or with a guidance counselor or trusted female relative. Don't use one of your friends or your sister, you will need an adult. I'll be hoping the best for you.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2009