im so pissed some advice plz

so my DD is 4 weeks

and sleeps alot

for most the day when she is sleeping

im cleaning or sleeping to

i do everything in my power to be a good mom

well today i asked if they could watch her while she slept so i could take a shower

my dad said yes

and then i got out and she was still sleeping so i went to get on my laptop

and my step mom was like omg

ur such a bad parent like she was for real

i asked wut she ment

and she said i never do anything for my little girl and i only do stuff for me

but i dont think so

i really want to move out because the way she treats me and my DD

but im only 17 and cant move out till im 18

does anyone have advice on what i should do???

if i try to stand up to her she gets my dad involed and i dont like it when he get involved

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Um Hon, they are supporting you and your baby. They rule, you obey. Sorry, it's the way it is until you move out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• no i pay rent and everything i have to get everything i want by myself
    its just like renting a place from someone else
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• well, i STILL have this problem and my son is almost three. i know how hard it is. but honestly all i can do is laugh it off, and tell them that he is MY son not theirs. if they want to raise another child then to go adopt or have another. they cant say much to that. she is YOUR daughter. not theirs, whether they like it or not. basically all i can say is laugh it off, and if your babys dad isnt in the picture, make sure to try and get a job ASAP if you dont already have one so you can save money to help move. its NOT AT ALL EASY. especially with a newborn. i hope things get better till then =] message me anytime for advice or just to talk =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:04 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would talk to them as an adult, explain what you do and why you feel this way. The odds are nothing will change though..sorry but youll probably have to tough it out
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• That doesn't give her the authority to treat her badly Anon. Depending what state you are in, because you have a child, you can be declared an emancipated minor. You can move out. What about the baby's father? Does he help support the baby financially? There are programs in place to help get you on your feet. Are you planning to work? You do need to sit down with them and work something out with them.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sounds like to me your stepmom is a lil jealous of you sweetie and she thinks you got your dad around your finger that happens when a stepmom get something new in her life that isn't really hers or has her bloodline in it. i won't worry about it let it go from 1 ear threw the other, you don't need to be right there at all times when the baby is sleeping anyway you need time at least you were in the house not at some friends house partying it up..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sounds to me like you are a pretty smart girl. So you should disregard any unsolicited rubbish from any one. If you can't move out just try and ignore her as best as you can.Same goes for all the bad comments from the uninfomed losers you can get on a public website such as this one. Then hold on tightly to your dream. You owe it to yourself and your baby. You go girl!!!!
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 1:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2009