why did i get one positive test and one negative

i tested one day after my period was due and got a positve result then tested three days later and got a negative result. why? i wanted this so much.

Carista

Asked by Carista at 12:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you remember the time of day you took it? Maybe your HGH levels were higher for the first one? I dunno honey. :-(

Feel better though.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have 3 children and this same thing happened with
    all 3 of them! I'd take have one pos test and the next
    would be neg. Its really frustrating because you aren't
    sure which to believe. I called the makers of one test I
    took because the line was so so faint on one I wasn't
    sure there was even really a line there but they told me
    If there is a line of any sort there (light or dark) the test
    is positive. Good luck!
    MyDuckieDog

Answer by MyDuckieDog at 12:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I had 3 + and 5 - i have no clue why it happens but im still waitng to findout aswell but if not have my af by next week im getting a blood test good luck!
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 12:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I've been told that for a 100% accurate test to wait for 5 days after even if the box says it can test on the first day of a missed period. I'd try it again in a couple of days. I took one at home and there was no mistake in the line, but when I went to get a test at clinic near my house you could barely even make out the line.
    jazzyjazz80

Answer by jazzyjazz80 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• you just need to wait and try again- TRUST ME- I have 3 false negatives with my baby girl and when everyone said i wasn't pregnant and i still felt pregnant i kept getting false negatives until about 7 weeks in... give it a few days and try or just go get a blood test done they are so much more accurate
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Was the second test a different brand than the first? If so it could just be that one of the tests can pick up lower levels of hcg than the other one.
    Anonymous