• In the Spotlight:

I GOT HAIRCOLOR ON MY CROSS STITCH!

Any ideas on the right way of getting it out?

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• you could try using hairspray...sometimes it works as a pre-wash..sometimes it doesn't.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• yeah-- I am a hairstylist, and I sew. U would think that I would have the answer to this already but before I go and try and experiment with this project that is ALMOST COMPLETE on LINEN I need some fresh Ideas---so I already thought of the hairspray--and it is not fresh so it won't work :( and I am afriaid to use a Tide stick pen for the fear that the stain has been set for a while and it might smear it and make it bigger....
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• perhaps presoaking in vinegar? oxyclean? way to go, hairsister!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Vinegar?
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Try Oxyclean! I got all the grease and oil out of Adams pants that he insisted on wear while he worked on the truck. They were absolutely black and I got all of it out! Just put a scoop of oxyclean in really hot water and let it soak for a few hours!
    tgiamt

Answer by tgiamt at 10:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Vinegar might work. I'm a cleaner, and you would be amazed what vinegar can clean. I do alot of yarn work too. I'll have to keep checking these answers. What about Sray N Wash? Or some resolve? I don't know. I'm assuming it is dark hair color, not bleach....lol.
    gerigirl90

Answer by gerigirl90 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I know if you go to a beauty supply they sell haircolor remover, but I'm not sure what it would do on fabric.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 10:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• tgiamt is right. Oxyclean gets it right out!
    bvona

Answer by bvona at 6:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009