just wondering.......

is it safe to put nail polish on a baby's toenails....?

Let the bashing begin....!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol as far as i know...
    jellybean661

Answer by jellybean661 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Why don't you try and keep your baby as natural looking as possible for a while, unless you want to use it to clarify to people that she is a girl and not a boy--then I would use bows instead!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No, only because it a very strong smelling chemical and that not good for a baby to inhale as well as nail polish remover.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• On her toenails yes if she is young enough still to not suck on her toes. If she is old enough to suck on her toes or her fingers for that matter then just buy non toxic polish and you can still do her toes/fingers. It should be fine... Paint away mama!! LOL!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 12:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i would say its completely fine. as long as the area is well ventilated so that the smell doesnt linger and basically get your baby high.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• she is almost 4 months old, but she doesnt suck on her toes.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Grandma paints my daughter's toe nails twice a month and she's fine, and the doctor said she thought it looked cute when I took her in for her 6 month check up, so I'd say you're good.
    jazzyjazz80

Answer by jazzyjazz80 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes!! So long as they dont put them where you know they are going to ..... right in their little mouths. I think its cute! Just make sure its a hot color!!!
    mrs.sanchez4

Answer by mrs.sanchez4 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yeah, she'll be fine. Just paint them in a well ventilated room and make sure she doesn't suck on her toes.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• omg ur a bad mom!!
    but really i think it's fine, Im going to paint my girls this summer and she'll be the same age!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2009