What motivates you?

I can't ever get motivated- we might be moving soon and I am hoping that does, until then I have nothing. I have a dirty house, dirty clothes, dirty dishes, and I feel so BLAH!

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• A small to do list everyday. I'm talking 2 loads of clothes washed, dried and put away, plus dishes. Thats how I started. I found that the cleaning can get contagious because you start to see progress and you want to keep feeling the success.
    Also if I have an entire messy room I focus on one area at a time. Sometimes I clean clockwise around the room, or just one surface at a time. Eventually the whole room is clean. The absolute best way is to have friends over lol. I had a party last weekend and I cleaned like crazy for a whole week!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I hear you sister!!! Me too 100%!! Try this site:

www.flylady.com

It has really helped me a LOT. I still have dirty dishes and clothes, but the piles have diminished considerably, LOL.

I know how you feel, truly. Sometimes, I feel like I'm the ONLY one who does anything around here. The house gets worse, and I have NO help. I get so frusterated that I want to pull out my hair and scream!!

Try fly lady - she's awsome!!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I know what you mean =) Me and my fiance recently moved to NC. Everymorning after he leaves I make a checklist. When somethings checked off the list it makes me feel so much better. Though, its just me and him; You may have a housefull. Try it! Things get done faster because you want to get it checked off. =)
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 12:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009