Bruised nipples?

I haven't had a bruise on my nipple since the hospital, but now three weeks later I have one again. Not because my son isn't latching well. He just accidentally yanked it out of his mouth when his Daddy made a noise. Is there anything I can do for it?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't do the advil ... but if you put original limpton tea in the fridge.. like put water in a bowl and stick two packs in and put em in the fridge or run em under cold water and stick them in your bra... it feels amazing it will heal so much faster.. just make sure the tea bags are right on your nipple and not like in a bag or anything ... it gets the bra real wet.. i put wash clothes in to try and keep my bra dry but it helped so much.. even if you think i'm a crazy lady just try it sometime when he's done eating and let me know how it goes... Congrats for choosing to breast feed btw
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:30 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• cold pack and advil...
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with PP. This will occasionally happen, and it hurts! There isn't a lot you can do but try to take it easy on that one, and let it heal.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2009