What is best best breast pump, and it's price range.

I wanna know what breast pump you couldnt live without, breast feeding tools you couldnt live without. I formula fed my daughter and she had lots of belly issues, I plan to Pump my milk often for my new baby and I need to know what you cant live without, I dont want to pay hundreds of dollars for the "top of the line" breast pump if there is one just as good for cheaper. Also how much does it cost to rent a medical grade one from the hospital???

loriloriaustin

Asked by loriloriaustin at 12:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aslo, Are the medical grade ones better than the ones you can buy at baby stores?? HeLP! lol
    loriloriaustin

Answer by loriloriaustin at 12:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• LOL. In a hot shower or when you here a baby crying in a store LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ljlM

Answer by ljlM at 12:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I use the Harmony, it works wonders and is a double electric which cuts back on time , which as you know is really important. It's expensive but where I live you can also rent them out and buy the attachments. The cost is pretty good, 40$ for the attachments and 30 for a months rental.
    Liv32

Answer by Liv32 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I bought one because for the rental price I might as well own one. It was a better deal for me because I plan of nursing for at least a year and nursing other children. I bought the Medela..and yes its hundreds of dollars but I have had no problems with it and it pumps efficiently so I don't waste any time.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Medela pump in style, double pump. It costs about $400 but it is an awesome pump. I want to say it was $50 a month to rent and you had to buy your own attachments. I would just buy it personally...use it for your next baby
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I prefer my hand pump, actually. I have a Medela Harmony, and I LOVE it. I can use it while my son nurses, which is great. I you're looking or a pump to use at work, the Medela Pump In Styles are great (I haven't used one, but everyone I know that has raves about it). I love Medela pumps, because the cups you put on your breasts are soft. A lot of them are rigid, and my nipples got insanely sore from them (I tried a couple of double pumps). Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:48 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• The medela pump in style is supposed to be the most popular by far...and i've never seen it go for 400 maybe 300 at the most. Ebay has them cheaper. I got the lansinoh double electric pump that is 150 at walmart and is supposed to be comparable to the medela but I've never got to use the medela to compare it...So far it's working for me. Good luck
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• double breast pump medela... its awesome and electric.. i did it maually for a while and it sucked.. but i got a bunch of muscle... If your able to have wic they can give you one if you plan to breast feed only... btw your a awesome mom for choosing to beast feed... IT IS SOOO WORTH IT FOR YOUR BABY... not only do they have less of a mortality rate.. but also less likely to get sick, have ashmah, or diabeties... and they are a lot better time digesting it.. its so much work but your kid will be healthier in the long run
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Investing in a good pump will in the long run be much cheaper than buying formula. You need a good one esp. if you are exclusively pumping and not direct nursing at all (as a baby's suckle is much more efficient than any pump).

Other items you'll need:
    milk storage bags to freeze/bank milk
    breast pads to stop leaking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have some wacko one from Australia my MIL got off ebay I don't even remember the brand name, it's not a common on. It works fine but I have nothing to compare it to.
    Is there a reason you don't want to nurse straight from your breast? The most efficient pump is a baby's mouth! (not trying to judge, just curious)
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2009