• In the Spotlight:

vaccines

can someone tell me some good websites with inbiased info about vaccinating babies

lmaines22

Asked by lmaines22 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• You didnt go anon so get ready for a bunch of inbox messages. You better delete before you go to bed, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you want your kids to be healthy.... they need their shots. We dont live in a 3rd world country. JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• There aren't really any unbiased sites but there's a book:

http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/inside_the_vaccine_book.asp
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yep Dr.Sears book is great. It IS hard to find unbiased information but it's good to read both sides and draw your own conclusions. The ingredients list at the CDC is a good place to start; they're facts for sure, but not good ones.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• All sites are biased either for or against.
    There's something called the "herd immunity" which is when most members of a given population are immunized against a certain disease, the few who aren't vaccinated are not exposed to anyone with the disease and are therefore fairly safe. Right now, most children in the US are safe because of the "herd immunity". Those who refuse to vaccinate are actually relying on those who DO, to keep the non-vaccinated children safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Whatever...you need to do your research people....why is it that when we have a measles outbreak...the majority of the people that get it are the ones who have been immunized already??? I thought they were supposed to be protected??? So what happened? I agree with PP Get the book by Dr. Sears he states facts and although he is for immunizing he doesn't push the issue and he gives other options for vaxing safely...if there is such a thing. immunizing your child isn't one decision it's 12 different decisions you really need to know about each vaccine and decide on each one individually. Educate before you vaccinate is a great group for information. There is no bashing for choosing to immunize your child...we just want you to be informed on what is in vaccines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• oh and I wasn't supposed to be anon I am the poster for 11:14 and proud of it and I don't care who sends me messages to my inbox!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Go to the CDC's site and look at what is in the vaccinations. Read the stories of children who were perfectly healthy and then died just minutes or hours after vaccinations. I did not do my research and my son nearly died because of it. I had no clue that the shots could kill a healthy child who had no allergies to anything and still has no allergies. I am a member of an online group for parents with vaccine injured children. We have thousands of members who's children have died from their shots. Thousands are injured and nearly died. Google it you will find research on both sides and can make a decision.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• There's something called the "herd immunity"

Most adults do not get boosters so they are essentially unvaccinated for many things we vaccinate for now and we have not had wide spread outbreaks. Once good hygeine was common the instances of many illnesses went down and deaths were rare. The last people to die from the measles on our soil died because of the shots they were given in the 70s. More have died from the flu and from the shots than from the illnesses on our soil. Yet many worry about my horrible unvaccinated child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I don't know why you would want unbiased.. Everything you read should be very biased. These are for the most part life saving vaccines that are going to make your baby strong. Its almost selfish not to get them.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 4:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2009