• In the Spotlight:

what are some good sleep methods other then cio?

My 6 month old is having a hard time sleeping at night. He will get up once or more at night mostly more then once. I want to come up with a more stable schedule, but i don't want to use the cio method cause its just not a option. I don't want to stay up till one or two to get him to go to sleep. so of any one has any ideas please let me know.

caspers_mommy

Asked by caspers_mommy at 1:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you use cio it really is not that bad...or should I say it was not that bad for my girls. I was REALLY against is at first but decided to try it. The most my girls cried was 5 min TOPS!!! It is really hard to hear your baby cry but in order for the baby to develope healthy sleep habits the baby needs to learn how to settle down by themselves.
    Other then cio maybe you could leave the baby in its bed and just rub it's head or place a calm hand on the babies chest.
    Good Luck!!!
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• the reason why i cant use the cio cause there othe people who go to sleep early to go to work and i cant have him crying cause its not fair for the other people in the house hold
    caspers_mommy

Answer by caspers_mommy at 1:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Hi sorry what is cio?
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Since my two year old son was born, I sleep in bed with him while husbands on the couch until he falls asleep and then I move him into his crib which is right next to our bed. Then of course hubby gets back in bed. It works for us.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• cio is cry it out method
    caspers_mommy

Answer by caspers_mommy at 1:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You should really consider the book, "The No Cry Sleep Solution". That book SAVED bedtime for us. My son is 7 months, and he does still wake periodically throughout the night, but it's improved vastly. I need to read it again. The nice thing is, the book doesn't have one specific method, it offers several suggestions, so that you can tweak it and make it right for you. We couldn't tolerate CIO, either. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• we lay down and snuggle in a dark room. I like bedtime now
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Try "Baby Cereal" in a bottle at night ( not too thick) about half an hour before you want to go to bed, my son is 7months old and his ped. told me when he was four and a half months old to try that and it worked the first time he ate it he sleep for 7 hours and woke up happier than ever......... i still give it to him and he sleeps like the baby that he is...........
    KrisNJacob

Answer by KrisNJacob at 4:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• NO Cry Sleep Solution.

Two problems with cereal...it's a choking risk, and for many babies cereal is a sure ticket to MORE waking rather than less. I've seen it NOT work more often than I've seen it be successful.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2009