How do you advertise???

I was wondering, if your starting out selling hand made products online how do you advertise? I've tried groups on cafemom, but I think i need to get noticed more and get my web page out there..any suggestions or advice?? I see other moms selling stuff like mine, and there doing great, that first step seems to be pressing me back...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My frend and I have our own website and promote it by adding the link to our email and messages online. You can also run contests to help get traffic.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you sell online, use free classified ads,just google for listings. Write a blog,attach a link at bottom of your emails ,join online chatrooms and forums.Join link referral.com
    http://linkreferral.com/adwel.pl?oldrefid=194913 It will give you free traffic to your website as well as reviews of your website,you can also use trafficswarm.com
    suncreations

Answer by suncreations at 6:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You could always join Etsy.com It is great for homemade businesses. Also, if you really would like to get your website viewed by your local area, you could always advertise on your car. You could custom design your ad using the My Design tool on Http://rose.uppercaseliving.net. If you order before April 6th you will get half off your second product/ design of equal or lesser value when you purchase one at regular price.
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 8:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• build your own website.I did.I sell make my own jewlery.I walk around to the local business and I sell.The word gets out.
    Anonymous