How old was your kids

When did you start your kids in school? my son just turned 3 and is just wondering when does he start?

USMC-Wife28

Asked by USMC-Wife28 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I guess it depends if you want you can start him in 4 yr. old kindergarden or wait til his is 5.
    I am going to send my to school when he turns 5.........I am not going to send him earlier JMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Here, the child had to be 5 by the first day of school unless you did preschool or head start. We did neither, and his birthday is in November, so he started Kindergarten when he was closer to 6 than 5.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:04 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My daughter turned 3 in November '08 and will enter the 3 year old preschool program come September '09. I would call around and check out preschools in your area.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• my son will be 4 in May and he is starting preschool in the fall. around here they must be 5 before July 1st to start in kindergarten. After a year of preschool we are going to make a decision whether we send him to kindergarten at 5 or wait until he is 6.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Depends on the child on when they're ready for school. In my opinion 3 is too young. It's also been proven that boys aren't emotionally ready until like 6-7 years old! However, I plan on my son starting kindergarten at 5 yrs old.
    BubNSoap

Answer by BubNSoap at 1:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I am registering my 3 year old will be 4 in august for pre-k next monday only 20 kids get picked i hope she gets picked I never thought i would send her to pre-k but my nephews (twins) went to pre-k and now they are in kindergarden and are ahead of the children that didn't go to pre-k so i think it is good for them.
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• we plan to start my son at 6 and my daughter at 5 so they will be in the same grade. also, boys tend to me more distracted and oftentimes function better in a school setting when they are a bit older than girls.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2009