My 2 yr old is still in teh bed with us. PLEASE HELP!!

My little girl just turned 2 and were trying to get her to sleep in her new big girl bed (twin bed) in HER room. We made the mistake of letting her sleep with us when she was about a yr old. Now I want my sex life back and knows it would be better on her to sleep in her room. This is my first child and only child, so i dont know what to do, PLEASE HELP!!

half_pint527

Asked by half_pint527 at 2:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is it JUST a sex issue? If so I would recommend having sex in other places around the house...get creative. That is if that's the only thing bothering you about it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with co-sleeping if you and your family enjoy it.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 2:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Thats not the only reson, i just didnt know if it was normal for your 2 yr old to be in the bed or not, I really enjoy cuddling with her, shes finaly putting her arms around my neck, and snuggin close to me, i love the bonding, but would i be making a bigger mistake by letting her stay in the bed?, or should i just go with the flow and enjoy every moment because im sure one day she wont want to snuggle with me? Lol Please give me some advise
    half_pint527

Answer by half_pint527 at 2:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No way! Go with the flow, enjoy every minute. :) If it works for your family and you're all getting the sleep that you need then rock on! If you didn't enjoy it and it was keeping you from sleeping it would be a different story, but if you do then continue as long as you want mama. I don't know too many high school students who still sleep with their parents, so don't fret over her never growing out of it. ;)
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 2:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

Totally what she said. Totally.
    clairandamjones

Answer by clairandamjones at 3:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Thank you so much for your help, its good to know theres other mommy out there willing to give there advise, Im goona keet this site, i like it LOL thanks again Jess
    half_pint527

Answer by half_pint527 at 3:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I still sleep with my 16 month old. I say as long as you're loving it, then keep doing it! Your LO will transition when she's ready. Someday she'll be begging for her own bed and you'll miss those late night/early morning cuddles.

I saw a couple shirts that said: "Co-sleepers do it in the: bathroom, kitchen, living rom . . ." I'm with PP. Get creative :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with co-sleeping, personally my son and I are both wild sleepers so its safer for both of us to be in our own bedsLOL and he will get distracted playing with my hands and loving on my face when he does sleep with me. I'm a total distraction to him because I just laugh when he does it and it defeats the purpose of being in bed :) What are the other issues you have of her sleeping with you?
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Not a thing wrong with co-sleeping. Go have fun in the shower, or the living room or the bathroom. We've even used the car before(it was in the garage but still fun, lol). We still sleep with our 2 year old and 3 week old. I'm not ready to move either of them yet. Honestly, if you wait until she's willing and take it slow she'll move willingly. My first four children moved to thier own beds and rooms straight from mine at 2-3 with no problems and no tears.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My son has a weird sleeping habit. He starts out in his own crib in me and my hubbys room but then between 11 and 3 he wakes up and wont go back to sleep without me taking him into the other room where we have a twin bed and sleeping with him there. He will sleep in our bed as well but he will wake up and punch his daddy so I have to take him out of the room lol.
    Woman81283

Answer by Woman81283 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have the same problem with my son
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2009