question about vaporizer

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the plug in vicks vaporizer? If so does it work? If I plug it right next to my sons crib will it be safe?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 3:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used one once. It was too strong for us. It set my asthma off and actually kept him awake...kind of made it hard to breathe with all the vapors. And it was across the room, in a good sized room (14x17).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I actually just had my son in the hospital over the last few weeks do to bronchitis and pnemonia and I had asked about using a vaporizer and they informed me that it is dangerous to use any of these vaporizers befor your child is 4 years old that it could actually cause more breathing issues they suggested just using a humidifyer hot or cold ( I used hot ) I went out and bought one that day and it worked great they also told me to elevate the head of his bed to make it easier to breath,also helps keep the mucus off there lungs, hope this helps!!!! I would also call your dr and discuss with them aswell.
    GaijesMom

Answer by GaijesMom at 9:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Thanks I will try the humidifier. I tried putting a pillow under my sons mattress to help with the breathing and he hated it. He didnt want to sleep with it like that so I don't do it anymore. thanks for the type though
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• get some baby chest rub...it really helps. be sure to get the baby kind, though, because it doesn't have the harsh ingredients...mostly aromatherapy type things.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2009