They lost my records ?

Called today to reschedule my appointment for a week later when i did they asked if i was a new patient,said no they did find a record i have been seen before on computer appointment but when to pull my records they are gone?
I'm 27 weeks pregnant,well i'm so upset being i have given them other chances for thier less than adequate care.
I called around to other clinics & being how far along i'm nobody will take me on.
When the one clinic called asking about me the can say yes i have been there but can't verify for what & fear if the admit to my care it shows they are liable for my records being lost.
What can be done,i need something quick just get in to someone at least once so i can see them for delivery or i will be going in somewhere when i go into labor and i just do not want that for me and babies health.
Any advice,i'm so upset what would you do under the limited time frame,i could sue but i need something quicker?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The problem is i went through something similar even if you can track with bills via that clinic that does not solve the record history being gone.
    Even if she likes the doctor problem is the whole system has runied her medical history from doctor notes and so on.
    Which means weather she goes to that same doctor or a new one tests need to be repeated for the doctors referance,even with proof of bill for that test since a doctor can't presume what her one test may of said as an example.
    They will not admit to seeing her since it shows liability on thier end for this confusion.
    I would just search around until you find someone that can help or agree to deliver you otherwise,you may need to wait until you go into labor since if this is the type of care you get,it could be worse than waiting in the long run.
    Good luck to you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think you messed up in the middle a little bit.. its kind of confusing.. but no matter what they are liable for your records being lost.. its not your fault at all... and you can prove you went either from co pays or from your insuance records so don't worry about that now... just get in there and see the same people, hope that your files turn up, and if something goes wrong then you can sue, but if you were a high risk case you would be going in there so much they wouldn't be able to loose the records or forget you... I swear we go to the same place, i was suppose to get a iud and they told me the wrong time and i couldn't do it when i showed up at the wrong time, and then rescheduled and called to conferm and they cancled my appt. without me knowing.. so i had to try again.. you and your baby will be fine.. just don't stress out about it
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 4:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. YOu have seen the same doctor, make them do a track threw your insurance company. Tell them you are not paying for any tests that have to be redone and they shouldnt bill your insurance either. Mistakes happen. The miracles of modernization arent always that wonderful. I always think they should have everything they put on the computer backed up somehow. You already have a history with this doctor. Its not the doctors fault, its his staff. If you feel confident with the doctor......stay with him.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2009