constapated 3 1/2 yr old?

my three 1/2 yr old girl hasn't pooped in a few days. now she is plugged up and doesn't wanna go poop bc it hurts. is there anything anyone knows of that i can either do or give her to help the situation along?

sweetpeatexas21

Asked by sweetpeatexas21 at 4:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Dont give her anymore dairy products increase her water intake big time for now. However you can get her to drink it. Get a special straw for just water, let her suck on ice, make Popsicles out of water with a berry in the middle as a treat or something. Increase her fiber intake. Try to get her to eat raisins or cut up some prunes into little pieces.  Prunes are actually really good. If she starts having diarrhea she still may be constipated the diarrhea is going around the hard stool (bm).Poor little girly I hope she goes soon.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I should of said "no more dairy products while she is constipated".
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• thanks i will try that. i didn't even think of no dairy. she is drinking water like crazy and i'm not letting her have any chocolate even though she is beggin bc she sees my kisses on my desk bc i know that definately wont help the situation.
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 6:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• ok thank you sooo much! seriously it already helped! i gave her some raisins and more water and she went. she was crying really hard but its done now! yay! thank you sooo much!
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 6:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2009