TMI! I posted earlier about my niece

Okay so I gave her a bubble bath...asked her if she knew how to wash herself and so on and she did but, when she went to get in the bath I noticed her vagina was a little rashy looking and her panties were really icky. What are the signs and symptoms of a yeast infection in little ones? Also what is the best way for her to make sure she can clean herself properly? Like special wipes for potty time? She's five.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Signs are the same in an adult. Dishcharge, itchy, soreness. Little girls tend to wipe when they have a bowel movement forward as they cant reach so well from behind. Well, guess where all that stuff is going? Its really easy to get infections. She could also have a bladder infection. This happened to my daughter. No more bubble baths either. I have to be very careful of what I even wash my tub out with as my 6 year old still likes baths. Kids "woo hoos" are so very sensitive. Recommend to your sister to double rinse the clothes in the washer too.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Mistynight said it perfectly.
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Dido
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2009